Mark, most frustrating kitchen thing I did was lay a ceramic tile floor; was
a bit too mean with the adhesive at first, and the tiles sounded hollow,
cracking when walked upon; hence a ripping out and re-beginning.  As a girl,
trying to replace a faulty kitchen tap, I produced quite a spectacular
fountain (hadn't realised there were mains to shut off first).