Hi Ian

We are planning the upgrade to 9.1 and were also advised in passing to get the security certificate (which has a cost) and go https. I can't remember why unless you're doing secure transactions I suppose.

What reason were you given?

Regards
Linda

>>> "Ian Gardner (BPP University College)" <[log in to unmask]> 06/10/2011 10:09:07 >>>
Hello everybody,

As part of our Managed Hosting agreeement, Blackboard are keen for us to switch to https as soon as possible.

I was wondering if anyone in the user group is aware of any reason NOT to do this or, at least, that might need special attention?

We are currently 9.1 SP5 (likely to be SP7 in December - anyone else thinking of that by the way?) with the fairly standard set of building blocks (Campus Pack, TurnItIn, Wimba, etc).  No special authentication, snapshot, LDAP, etc. to have to worry about.

Thanks in advance
Ian

Ian Gardner
BPP
<<

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service - www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems
This email and any attachment(s) is intended for and confidential to the addressee.  If you are neither the addressee nor an authorised recipient for the addressee please notify us of receipt, delete this message from your system and do not use, copy or disseminate the information in, or attached to it, in any way.

Our messages are checked for viruses but please note that we do not accept liability for any viruses which may be transmitted in or with this message.
The College of Law of England and Wales.  Registered charity No 271297

<<

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service - www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems