From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Maria Tannant
Sent: 05 October 2011 11:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: A Whole Host of Campus Pack 4.6 issues in Blackboard 9.1 sp6

Hi Andrew,

Yesterday I could have cried, we had 40+ students in a room and the plan was
to show them their group blogs and get them to post and comment (on their
own laptops) while we demonstrated the tutor's view on a digital projector.
It was a nightmare, as Campus Pack was not able to cope with 40 students all
logging into the area at the same time. Consequently everything I tried to
do was very very slow (taking up to 4 minutes to reader one posting). There
were 11 groups and about 4 students in each. Never again!

What I should have done was to tell everyone to log out of Blackboard, and
demonstrate the group blog activity using a student volunteer to post, and
another to comment.

I would have expected the system to cope with 40 students using it at the
same time but it doesn't.

I get the same problems listed below, it's very disappointing, and students
very quickly get turned off from such inept technology, lose interest and
become disengaged.

Maria