From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andrew Raistrick
Sent: 18 October 2011 10:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: VMWare + poor performance?

Hi Kevin,

We are running in a load balanced VMWare environment.
We have 3 application servers on Windows Server 2008, 1 Collab Server, a MS SQL 2008 Database and shared content areas.
All of these environments are on VMWare with 8GB memory each The load-balancer is a Citrix Netscaler

We have so far encounter no user performance issues other than with Learning Objects which is not related to our set up.
We support about 27K students over 4.5 modules

We did initially have a problem with the performance of some of the module imports, but this was down to the amount of memory that was allocated to Java.
The Blackboard default is 0.5 GB. We upped that to 4GB and it helped a lot.

How does that compare with your set up?

Andy