If you already have some form of web-based authentication system (such
as CAS or Cosign), then a script behind this system can be used in
conjunction with the AutoSignOn Building Block which available from OSCELOT:

   http://projects.oscelot.org/gf/project/autosignon

I've not tested it with Blackboard 8 but the manifest file suggests that
it is supported.  The required script would merely redirect the user to
Blackboard passing their identity secured with a timestamp and a shared
secret.  For those familiar with WebCT, this is similar to the
autosignon functionality provided in that product.

Stephen

On 5-Oct-2011 15:34, Sherman, Sarah wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> The Royal Veterinary College (using Blackboard 8.0.475) has been using the SSO Genius building block for many years - although we understand the developers of the tool ceased to be some time ago. The tool suddenly appears to be malfunctioning now, and there is no-one to support it.
>
> Staff and students at the RVC access Blackboard via their Intranet without the need to sign in. Is anyone using a Single Sign In method (not Shibboleth!) that they could recommend?
>
> Many thanks!
> Sarah

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.