Greetings

Thanks for mail and kind words

I'm stuck at home today, due to bad back, next monday I'll be on the harrow bhm launch panel, and as you can imagine I've got my next few mondays booked with other events

I've booked for the Ant-Slavery conference for Oct. 18, then I somehow have to catch two bhm events in the evening. Regarding the YP's conference, since that focus on modern day slavery, I think I'm going to see about how to get f "chattel slavery" used when referring to the transatlantic enslavement, in contrast to present day slavery

I've been a supporter of The Lovers Rock film - had a work in progress screening, fundraiser, circulated info on it, and was at friday's screening before dashing off to catch the claudia jones book launch at the tabernacle

I've been getting your biog in little bits - having been a member of Brixton Defence Campaign, I'm sure the NARM events would be of interest. If you can attend any, perhaps the Dulwich being in South london may be more convenient, we'd love to have you as a special guest, as I'm sure you'll be able to input into the discussions

Regards

Kwaku
BBM/BMC
www.britishblackmusic.com
www.btwsc.com

NARM African British Civil Rights History
BHM 2011: NARM consultant and BTWSC project designer Kwaku uses the campaigns and activists highlighted in the ‘NARM Highlighting African British Male Role Models 1907 – 2007’ book to present civil rights histories, each with a local focus or discussion, plus edu-tainment by Music4Causes artist Kimba rapping to the themes.

Free & to book except *, for more details: [log in to unmask], www.btwsc.com/NARM

NARM African British Civil Rights History With A Focus On Dr Harold Moody
Sunday Oct. 16, 1.30-4pm @ Dulwich Library, 386 Lordship Lane, London SE22 8NB

*NARM African British Civil Rights History + CLR James Discussion
Wednesday Oct. 19, 6.30-9.00pm @ Centerprise Bookshop, 136 Kingsland High Street, London E8 2NS. £5. 020 7254 9632. www.centerprisetrust.org.uk
NARM African British Civil Rights History + Key Activism & Campaigns
Wednesday Oct. 26, 6.30-8.45pm @ Harrow Civic Centre, Station Road, HA1 2UL. With
Dr Hakim Adi on WASU (West African Students Union) and activism of its members

*NARM African British Civil Rights History + Henry Sylvester Williams & Co.
Friday Oct. 28, 6.30-8.45pm @ Westminster City Hall, 64 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QP. [log in to unmask]

PLUS: *Become Rapping Royalty With BTWSC. Saturday October 1 @ Wembley Stadium,
HA9 0AA. Black History Live. £6. http://blackhistorylive.com/kidszone.php
The Conscious Music Mini Discussion & Freestyle Session. Sunday Oct 30, 2-4.30pm @
Gayton Library, 5 St John’s Road, Harrow On The Hill, HA1 2EE. [log in to unmask]
They Are There: Highlighting Africans Within British Business & Corporate World. Thursday November 10, 6-8.45pm @ Harrow Civic Centre HA1 2UL. [log in to unmask]