Hello all,

Apologies to anyone for whom this is not relevant.

At the summer AGM, the WM region voted to cover the travel costs of two student or unwaged members to attend regional meetings and the AGM.

The next West Midlands Regional Meeting is being held at Warwick Record Office on the 17th October. So far nobody has come forward about having their travel expenses covered. Don't be shy!

Who is eligible?
Any current member of the ARA West Midlands region who is unwaged. You can be a full member or student member - any and all membership types are welcome. It is open to the unemployed, students, retired and those on unpaid work placements. If you're not sure, email me.

How do I apply?
Email the regional Treasurer (currently me!), as soon as the Chair formally announces the date and place of the next meeting. Don't email the Chair. It's done on a first-come, first-served basis, so the first two eligible people who email me will have their travel expenses paid. If you are subsequently unable to come, please let me know and it will go to the 3rd person.

How do I claim expenses?
I'll email you a claims form, or you can pick up one at the meeting. Fill it in, attach your receipts and return it to me. You should normally get your expenses in a couple of weeks.

What's the catch?
There isn't one! You won't be asked to speak, or write an article, or do a little dance, or anything.

This is a new scheme so please get in touch with any questions, queries or comments you have.

Best wishes,

Kathryn Steenson
Hon. Treasurer
ARA West Midlands Region