This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. ---------------
Dear all,
 I have been asked to circulate this enquiry on behalf of Lion TV who are looking for Stirrups in Social History or possibly archaeology collections to film for an education film connected with National Geographic, please read Joanna Barwick's message below if you think you might be able to help:

Lion Television, London are working on a new National Geographic history documentary series. In one of the episodes we look at the history of the stirrup, and we would like to find an historical artefact depicting an early stirrup in use. This could be anything from an oak chest to a ceramic vase, and doesn't need to be centred on the stirrup or even on horse-riding. The dates are also flexible, but would preferably be pre-1800s. The only other requirement is that the image depicts stirrups similar to modern ones so that it is an example of an early use of modern-style stirrups, although this doesn’t have to be crystal-clear or especially detailed. Ideally, it would be a small part of a large, intricate design; however we are still interested in small pieces.

At this stage we are simply locating potential artefacts and are considering various options - filming arrangements will be made at a later stage.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

My contact details are:
+44-208-8462-2000
Lion Television
26 Paddenswick Road
London W6 0UB

Please circulate to other parties if you think they might be able to help. Thanks.

Lydia

Lydia Saul MA AMA

Keeper of Social History

Cecil Higgins Art Gallery and Bedford Museum,

23-27 Allhallows,

Bedford,

MK40 1LN

t. 01234 276329 ext.44329

f. 01234 718619

E: [log in to unmask]

Find us on Twitter and on Facebook

Cecil Higgins Art Gallery & Bedford Museum is now closed for redevelopment.

See our website for more details.

Bedford Borough Council - working with our partners to make the Borough a better place to live, work and visit.

“Confidentiality: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment may be confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately and delete it from your system. In such an event, you should not disclose the contents of this e-mail to any other person, or print it.”
The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST