On 30/09/2011 13:48, Alessandra Forti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here is the announcement of 1.42-1 since for sure people are wonder why
> this rapid succession of versions.

Yes, there was a typo in the IGTF signing policy for our CA which arose
when a problem was fixed that we had reported for 1.40 :-P

It is not the first time we've had a new release within a week of a
release, mostly owing to changes in the middleware (eg OpenSSL moving to
a new hash, namespaces files now being checked by gLite, bugs in parsing
signing policy files, etc.)

Incidentally, if the higher number of CAs impacts you, you can either
remove some CAs (EGI stopped short of recommending which ones, leaving
it to sites to decide), but it _should_ also be possible to run 1.40 or
1.39 even which do not have the typo in the signing policy file - and
have some of the more recent CAs left out.

If anyone is interested in trying out the NGS flavour of the IGTF
release, you can find it here:
http://www.ngs.ac.uk/ngscertrepo
or here:
http://cert.ca.ngs.ac.uk/1.42-1/index.html

- except for "latest" substitute "1.42-1" until I set up the link on
Monday.  Please note that install methods also need more testing; we are
working on improving the (automated) tests.

Incidentally, the plan was for 2B to go live from Monday - it has
already issued certificates for certain test servers in the
infrastructure - but we can delay this by a few days if necessary.

Thanks
--jens