Ewan MacMahon wrote:
> [...]

The Intel X520 network card we have (we've got the 10GbaseT version)
also supports SR-IOV.

AIUI, this allows the network card to pretend to be several network
cards which can be assigned to virtual machines - so the virtual machine
is talking directly to the hardware. Presumably this should lead to
enhanced performance. I think this prevents live migration though.

Chris