it seems there are more conferences in 2012 with
that theme for the whole event - RGS-IBG in 2012
in Edinburgh- Theme: Security of
geography/geography of security
http://www.rgs.org/WhatsOn/ConferencesAndSeminars/Annual+International+Conference/AC2012+date+and+location.htm

we should think about  something here as well.

best wishes

nilh

>CALL FOR PAPERS
>
>Association of American Geographers Annual
>Meeting, 24-28 February 2012, New York
>
>Geographies of Security and Surveillance
>
>Convened by David Murakami Wood, Queen's
>University, Ontario, and Steve Graham, Newcastle
>University UK.
>
>This session will provide a space for the
>discussion of the growing interest in
>geographies of security and surveillance. We
>welcome submissions on any aspect of this broad
>area, but would particularly encourage papers on:
>
>International comparative studies of security and surveillance
>The political economy of security and surveillance
>Surveillance, intelligence and the 'war on terror'
>The globalization, reterritorialization and
>rescaling of security and surveillance
>Critiques of dominant theorizations of security
>and surveillance, and new directions from / in
>geography
>Emerging geographies of surveillance and
>security, e.g. social networks, online
>gameworlds etc.
>Historical geographies of security and surveillance
>Security, surveillance and culture
>Geographies of openness, transparency and exteriority
>Geographies of closure, privacy and interiority
>
>Potential presenters should first register for
>the meeting
>at: <http://www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting/register_to_attend>http://www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting/register_to_attend
>
>They should then send their name, affiliation,
>conference ID number, and a 250-word abstract to:
>
>David Murakami Wood:
><mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>mailto:[log in to unmask]
>
>The deadline for submission is: 21st September 2011
>

>Successful submitters will be notified before
>28th September 2011, when the full session will
>be submitted to the AAG
>

>David Murakami Wood
>Canada Research Chair (Tier II) in Surveillance
>Studies, Surveillance Studies Centre,
>Associate Professor, Department of Sociology
>/ Cross-appointed in Department of Geography,
>Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario.

>For further help, please visit:
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help

Dr. Nils Zurawski
Institut für Volkskunde/Kulturanthropologie
Universität Hamburg
ESA 1 (West)
Edmund-Siemers-Allee 1
20146 Hamburg