Dear Adams,

> I have one  subject which has  a dark area in his functional  image ( low intensity ), because there was a problem
> during the acquisition
 , So the  SPM  consider this  region as is not part of the  brain, and it was  excluded from the
> mask. then when  im doing the second level analysis  SPM  extend the exclusion to all subjects.

I would suggest removing that subject, since it will affect your statistic in that area in any case, especially since you said there was a problem with the acquistion, which perhaps affects the entire volume. However, if you still want to keep that subject, you can try to change the masking option when you set up the statistic and use a brain mask instead.

Good luck,

Karsten

Karsten Specht, PhD

Department of Biological and Medical Psychology

Bergen fMRI group

University of Bergen
Jonas Lies vei 91
5009 Bergen
Norway
Tel.: +47-555-86279
Fax: +47-555-89872
http://fmri.uib.no/

subject which has  a dark area in his functional  image ( low intensity ), because there was a problem during the acquisition , So the  SPM  consider this  region as is not part of the  brain, and it was  excluded from the mask. then when  im doing the second level analysis  SPM  extend the exclusion to all subjects.

any idea how to overcome this problem ?
what is the best way to check this issue before running my data into the first level analysis

Thank you
Adams