From: Johanna Öberg [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 14 September 2011 08:41
To: Friston, Karl
Subject: Group comparisons, spm

Dear Karl,
I am struggling to understand how group comparisons are computed with SPM.
As I understand it, parametric maps are computed that shows how well the voxels in the fMRI data of an individual follow a stimulation paradigm.
Now, if we want to compare two groups is it so that the actual spatial maps of the individuals are summed within each group? And that the mean spatial map of each group is calculated? And that one then compare if there is a significant difference of mean spatial map intensity between the two groups?
With best regards
Johanna Oberg

Johanna Öberg, MSc, PhD student
Department of Clinical Sciences, Intervention and Technology (CLINTEC)
Karolinska Institutet
Phone: +46 70 167 1244