Dear colleague,

My first post here so bear with me. Some RM colleagues will have responsibility for Information Compliance so have also posted this on the FOI discussion list; apologies for cross-posting. My name is James McKenna and I work for the Information Management Service at Gloucestershire County Council.

We are planning to develop/procure a system that will enable us to better process, record and respond to Freedom of Information, Subject Access and Environmental Information Regulation requests within the appropriate timescales. We need an end to end system incorporating online receipt, notification alerts, workflow management through to disclosure.

To help us through the pre-procurement process, I would be very grateful if you could respond to some/all of the questions below. I am happy to liaise with colleagues ‘off list’ especially from those Information Compliance colleagues at local/public authorities who have experience of developing/procuring/delivering a similar solution through a software provider.

1.       Do you currently use an ICT system to record and manage your information requests? (E.g. FOI, DPA etc…)

2.       If so what is the system called and who is its supplier?

3.       What is the main functionality of this system? (E.g does it allow online requests; online payments; process management etc…)

4.       How long ago did you procure the system?

5.       How long is the contract for?

6.       What was the cost of the system over the length of the contract?

7.       What positive / negative feedback would you give on the system and or supplier?

Many thanks for your time.

Yours sincerely,

James J McKenna

Information Manager

Gloucestershire County Council

Shire Hall

Westgate Street

Gloucester

GL1 2TG

Tel: 01452 425071

Email: [log in to unmask]

Go to www.gloucestershire.gov.uk to find information on any County Council service.
It couldn’t be easier to find information instantly and in some cases apply for services online.

For Freedom of Information (FOI) requests please email [log in to unmask]

Think before you print - only print this email if absolutely necessary.

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the named addressee you must not disclose, copy or take any action in
reliance of this transmission and you should notify us as soon as possible.

This email and any attachments are believed to be free from viruses but it is your
responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks and Gloucestershire County Council
accepts no liability in connection therewith.
For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]