Sent: 01 September 2011 14:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Records management futurewatch: The storage addiction

Records management futurewatch: The storage addiction
The link between a story about people's apparent addiction to paying to store old sofas, records, magazines that they no longer have room for at home and a critique of email management strategies over the past 15 years or so is not, perhaps, immediately obvious. And yet I was certainly struck by many of the same underlying trends that I alluded to in a recent paper I gave to the Digital Preservation Coalition's Email Preservation Workshop entitled: Email management: Fifteen wasted years and counting and the the piece featured on today's BBC website about 'The self storage craze'<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14718478>

 http://bit.ly/qYmYi2

Source: http://rmfuturewatch.blogspot.com/2011/09/storage-addiction.html
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/qYmYi2+
Try the bitly.com<http://bitly.com> sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web: http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However, we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus checking procedures.