Ah, yes, a performance piece, in its way, but you heard the words, Andrew; are you sure the others didnt? his past year, a fine poet, Oana Avasilichioaei, used her laptop to provide backing vocals, so to speak, & sounds attending, & her performance was terrific, the words very much accounted for...

But then I have long enjoyed poets taking on sound as such....

Doug
On 2011-09-03, at 3:50 PM, andrew burke wrote:

> Off to feed the dogs now. Later I shall read live at a festival event -
> where some of the young poets read works off their handheld devices. One -
> almost ten years ago now - used a laptop to read his poems through, his
> voice mixed with a soundtrack of modern jazz and software to compress and
> expand ... Before his time, the audience was too intrigued by his machinery
> and completely lost his dynamic words (a witty Language style text).

Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/
http://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Latest books:
Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664
Wednesdays'
http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10.html

It is natural to speak of your own weaknesses so winsomely they will seem strengths, as if everyone else is inadequate if they do not have your inadequacies.

		William H. Gass