May I commend to you

THE PEREGRINE by J A Baker
published by nyrb

It came out in the 60s and I bought it then
I don't know if it changed me blah blah
it did make me in some ways

Haven't seen the copy I had for years and then heard someone refer to it a
few days ago, realised it was on sale again, bought it and started reading
it on the way home

Chapter 2 begins: The hardest thing of all to see is what is really there

OK if you don't want to read a book about essex and peregrines and a man
behaving oddly in a book in which nothing happens except in the man's head
and to various unfortunate small birds, fair enough

do consider it though

it is wonderful writing

i don't think that the teenager that i was appreciated how wonderful it
is, not getting much beyond _peregrine good_ like Frankenstein's creation
in the film

i felt it singing to me last night

*

I am about to try to do 10 days' work in 5 and so *may not be here much
starting now

that could be good because i have been, still am, making a lot of noise

whilst writing elsewhere about how good silence is

but i want to be here and shall if i complete my day's allotment early

or just get bored

post

if i am silent it's nothing anyone has said

cheers

-----
UNFRAMED GRAPHICS by Lawrence Upton
42 pages; A5 paperback; colour cover