What no flame wars- poet warriors Unleashing naughty -bring back Kent!words
at each other
-bring back Kent! -the county of course!

-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Lawrence Upton
Sent: 02 September 2011 10:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Landscape diptych

Dear Patrick

> such a wonderful put down!!!cheers deboyed

not intended as anything so strong, not really, tho I admit I might have
hesitated had we not been mildly rude to each other over the posts; just
wanted to make the point

I am intrigued by the evocative power of a line or mark, well-placed, to
show what is not actually shown, the brain persuaded to see

and analogues in writing

same wall? the word wall

from nowhere comes the memory of many years ago, thirty years ago, reading
the opening sequence of Bleak House in a seminar group and the tutor
asking quietly Where's the main verb?

> 'interesting that the poems have been ironed out by forwarding those nice
>  space bit all gone looks quite different in your original flattened my
> poems tend to be flattened I must explore layout technique more myself
>
> I was looking at the poems as a painter -diptych and was trying to relate
>  them (in my umble opinion) better For me the first poem worked better
> than the second -who know's why????? > L analysis analysis?? Bloody
> academics:-)

> in what way? By reading the bloody thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you'll be kicking stones and declaiming in a Brummie accent next

> Have good weekend  where are you now Goldsmith's left behind??

Goldsmiths

In my end is my beginning

Been in Cambridgeshire, was hoping to do a bit of Oxfordshire soon but
have been unable to make the arts council grunt

Bristol presently, briefly -- working and exhibiting; and curating cobbing
again

but Goldsmiths, Goldsmiths, for now anyway

i've been doing stuff here, this way and that, for a decade

>Ps Am reading a fascinating book 'We  The Drowned'
> Carsten Jensen some bits
> remind me of your 'Cornish' poems

I'll take that as a compliment then

piptoodle