Agresso pFact

In the run up to the forthcoming User Group meeting and by way of an update for the last few months we would like to inform you of the important messages below :

·         Unit4 has been continuing with the full adoption of the Agresso pFact solution in readiness for the full takeover in November this year, and  to that end our development staff have spent an intensive two week period with the key architect of pFact on behalf of Allocate and BitbyBit. As a result of this activity all the source code lines of pFact have been analysed and recompiled in both pFact 2.0.3 and 2.0.4. UNIT4 will be in a strong position to support the future roadmap of the application and enable the further development and growth of the product.

·         This recent detailed analysis, in addition to work and testing carried out over the last 10 months has confirmed that inherited 2.0.4 version is not in our view, a suitable release for general availability in its current condition.

·         Therefore to provide a stable and acceptable platform for the future growth and development of the solution UNIT4 now propose the following roadmap

o   We will compile and build a new release of pFact to be known as Agresso pFact 3.0. This will be the first Agresso pFact product to be provided by UNIT4. This release will be built upon the latest source code of Agresso pFact 2.0.3 and will also contain tested and working elements of 2.0.4 together with other elements of functionality, UI and bug fixes as identified.

o   It is proposed that Agresso pFact 3.0 will be released by the end of 2011 with further details to be provided at the upcoming Agresso pFact User Group.

o   In advance of the official handover of support from Allocate to UNIT4 (November 2011) the UNIT4 support and development teams for Agresso pFact will start dual analysing support calls as part of a gradual transition process over the next 5 weeks, with continued second line support from Allocate.

o   We would like to propose that we adopt a regular roadmap and release cycle for the pFact product and to that end we propose investigating the release scheduling of a 3.1 release by summer 2012. Subject to demand of User community enhancements and low priority fixes coupled with future product requirements we would look to roadmap releases every 6 to 12 months.

o   Alongside the 3.0 Release we will look to provide a full set of updated documentation including the System Administrator and Principle Investigator guide coupled with a full set of release notes and help files branded and delivered by UNIT4 Technical Documentation department in the UK.

The cross training of implementation consultants within UNIT4 continues as a large number of institutions are currently implementing pFACT as part of a Research solution to deliver increased revenues and reduced administration costs.

As you can see we are working hard to bring pFACT into the Agresso fold and more details will be provided at the Agresso pFact User Group on Tuesday 8th November at UCL in London and in the forthcoming weeks.

Gareth Bradbury

Head of Product Management

UNIT4 Business Software Ltd

St George's Hall, Easton-in-Gordano, Bristol, BS20 0PX, United Kingdom

T +44 (0) 1275 377 245  |  F +44 (0) 1275 377 201  |  M +44 (0) 7768 244 596

E [log in to unmask]  | I  www.unit4software.co.uk T GJBradbury

This message and any attachment(s) are intended only for the use of the named recipient and may contain information that is privileged,

confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return

e-mail and delete this message from your system. Do not disclose the contents of this document to any other persons. Violation of this notice

may be unlawful. Please note that internet communications are not secure and e-mails are susceptible to change. Thank you for your cooperation.

To unsubscribe from the PFACT-USERS list, click the following link:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=PFACT-USERS&A=1