Memory Play

http://www.kage.com.au/works.php?id=15&p=reviews

A report from behind the scenes of creating a performance based in stories about Alzheimer's.

This breathtaking performance traverses sorrow, fears and human dignity. Through the eyes of three generations, Sundowner tells the story of so many Australian families.
If a loved one starts to lose their memories, what role can we play in holding onto them? And if our parent is no longer the person we know, how can we care for them in the present and also honour their memory?

Cheers,
Kip

Dr Kip Jones
Reader in Qualitative Research
Centre for Qualitative Research
Leader, Performative Social Science Group
Website: http://www.kipworld.net
Blog: http://kipworldblog.blogspot.com/