Hello Rose and list,Agree with Barry. OH does not need to do the surveillance, a lay person can be trained to do this and refer on.
Monthly seems excessive, how about annual with the instruction that if they get a problem they identify it to their manager and are referred to OH ,put this in writing ,employees do have to take some responsibility themselves
There are a few substances where more frequent surveillance by face to face inspection is required e.g hexavalent chromiumhttp://www.hse.gov.uk/surfaceengineering/eh2.pdf
The HSE will be issuing a Standard of Care in the near future on Occ Dermatitis and O Urticaria. I don't think it will be very specific about Health surveillance frequency etc but will set up an expectation as to what should happen if theses conditions are detected. So I suggest that  ensure you have access to an OH Physician overseeing your health surveillance programme generally and to whom you can refer cases.
You could also phone your local HSE and ask for general advice. You would have a lot more clout in meetings if you said you had discussed health surveillance with the HSE and were following their guidance.  They are there to help and advise, not just prosecute!CheersDiane

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: