Anecdotally I am hearing the Access to work is becoming less helpful of late, probably due to budgetary constraints.
I would agree with Vicky ans suggest an assessment and recommendation by Abilitynet, which is a charity  who function is to help those with disabilities access IT.
It dismissal is a possibility, then paying for an assessment ans advice would demonstrate that the firm had made efforts to accommodate the disability even if it was not possible to implement the recommendations.And they may have some solutions which will allow a valuble employee to remain.
http://www.abilitynet.org.uk
Cheers
Diane