From: Karl Brunner <[log in to unmask]>

>> Jésus-Christ apparut à la place de l’hostie, sous la forme d’un
enfant.

> I know this kind of legend as "Gregorsmesse" (concerning a mass in Santa
Croce in Gerusalemme in Rome)

thank you Karl.

my first impression was, indeed, that it was some sort of topos.

but i was curious about Guyotjeannin's use of the term “cult
eucharistique” or your "Hostienfrömmigkeit", which you note was "indeed
increasing in the 12th cent."

in other words, was it just that the miraculous topos was becoming more
common, or was there more to it, i.e., was there some kind of
"institutionalized" "cult eucharistique," as we sometimes see with the "cult"
of a particular saint?

perhaps it is not clear in my own mind what it is that i am asking.

sorry.

thanks again.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]