With apologies for cross-posting, this may be of interest to members of this list.

Janine Peterson

The Hagiography Society is hosting several panels in honor of Sherry Reames, founder of the Hagiography Society and professor emerita at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, for her past leadership of the Hagiography Society and for her groundbreaking scholarship in the Legenda aurea, liturgical calendars, and hagiographic studies. If you wish to be involved in one of the three panels honoring Sherry for the 47th International Congress on Medieval Studies at Kalamazoo (May 10-13, 2012), please inform Mary Morse, Program Chair, as soon as you can. Mary and her fellow Program Committee members Tom Liszka and Lisa Bansen-Harp will review all queries and abstracts. One of the three sessions honoring Sherry will be a roundtable of six to eight panelists with 7-10 minute papers. The sessions honoring Sherry are:

I.                   In Honor of Sherry Reames I: The Legenda Aurea and Its Offshoots

II.                In Honor of Sherry Reames II: Saints as Students and Teachers

III.             In Honor of Sherry Reames III: Inspired by Sherry Reames (Roundtable)

We also are still seeking papers for Session IV Seeing Saints in Art. Papers could be related to a group of saints or an individual saint in church art, private devotional art, and manuscript illuminations.

Session V Women’s Collections of Relics already has closed.

E-mail proposals are preferred. Please submit abstracts and PIF forms to Mary Morse, Hagiography Society Program Chair, at [log in to unmask]