St. Michael-of-the-High-Places

Charlie Farrow

On 29 September 2011 12:56, Cormack, Margaret Jean <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I don't suppose you can remember the name of the thread, so I could hunt for it?
Meg

________________________________

From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture on behalf of Madeleine Gray
Sent: Thu 9/29/2011 07:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] St. Michael Wotan

We had a long discussion of hilltop Michael sites a while ago and I felt constrained to mention a few Welsh valley bottom examples including the archetype, Michaelston-le-Pit!
Over to you, Graham ....

Maddy

Dr Madeleine Gray
Reader in History/ Darllenydd mewn Hanes
School of Humanities and Lifelong Learning /Ysgol Ddyniaethau a Dysgu Gydol Oes
University of Wales, Newport/Prifysgol Cymru, Casnewydd
Caerleon Campus/Campws Caerllion,
Newport/Casnewydd  NP18 3QT Tel: +44 (0)1633.432675

'A concept is a brick. It can be used to build a courthouse of reason. Or it can be thrown through the window.' (Gilles Deleuze)