On 09/16/11, Terri Morgan sent:

> Victor III (blessed) (d. 1087)...  His official canonization was in 1887.

In the context of the church of Rome, at least, it is customary to reserve the use of "canonize", "canonization", etc. for those whom that church has designated as Saints.  V.'s cult was confirmed papally in 1887 at the level of Beatus.

A contemporary depiction of abbot Desiderius II (the future Victor III) enriching the abbey of St. Benedict at Montecassino with buildings, books, and dependencies (that's a bit of St. Benedict on the right, badly cropped):
http://tinyurl.com/qw3d5x
A not very good view of the entire composition (BAV, Vat. lat. 1202, fol. 2r):
http://digilander.libero.it/monachesimo/pagine/benedetto_desiderio.jpg
A reconstruction of the abbey of St. Benedict at Montecassino in its eleventh-century form:
http://tinyurl.com/y4zwxh

Another contemporary depiction of Desiderius / Victor, this time in the mosaic painting of the central apse of his rebuilt abbey church of Sant'Angelo in Formis (a dependency of Montecassino) on Monte Tifata in today's Capua:
http://flickriver.com/photos/ideafineart/5107771537/#large
It's generally supposed that Desiderius was responsible for this church's pictorial program and that its painters were among those he employed to embellish his rebuilt abbey church at Montecassino.  We no longer have their work at that greater church (thanks chiefly to the earthquake of 1349) but we do have the surviving paintings in this major dependency to furnish some approximation of it.

Some views, etc. of Sant'Angelo in Formis, starting with Italia nell'Arte Medievale's two pages on it:
http://tinyurl.com/2db93db
http://tinyurl.com/25rugqk
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Sant'Angelo_in_Formis
http://tinyurl.com/l6bltn