---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sébastien Budgen <[log in to unmask]>

We are holding a celebration of CLR James' life and legacy from 2pm – 4pm on
Sunday 30 October at the Open the Gate cultural centre in Dalston:
33-35 Stoke Newington Rd, London N168BJ www.openthegate.org.uk

Speakers will be announced in the coming weeks, but it will be an
interactive event, where we develop a programme to build on the legacy
of CLR James.

The event from will also be an opportunity for us to launch our
teaching pack on the life of CLR James.

To register for this free event please visit:
http://clrjameslegacy.eventbrite.com/

We also have a really excellent centre page spread, designed by Gavern
Bennett on the life of CLR James, in the latest Hackney Unites
community newspaper (see here for a preview:
http://hackneyunites.blogspot.com/2011/08/hackney-tabloid-september-2011.html
)

We need your help:
       • Can you promote and publicise the 30 October event through your
networks
       • Can you contribute to our (still fledgling) websitehttp://
www.clrjameslegacyproject.org.uk/
 We need articles about CLR James and his legacy, reviews of his
writings, any photos that you have and general discussion pieces.
       • If you live in Hackney, perhaps you can offer to help distribute
the community newspaper and help us promote the event locally (if so
please email [log in to unmask]) We will be distributing it
across Stoke Newington this Saturday, and will be participating in the
Uprise festival in Dalston on 25 September. All offers of help will be
gratefully accepted.
       • Do you know any teachers who would be interested in using our CLR
James teaching pack: if so, please let us know.
Once again many thanks for your support. Please forward this on to
people you know who are interested in celebrating the legacy of CLR
James.

On behalf of the
CLR James Legacy Project

<*> Your email settings: