Dear colleagues,

I would like to remind you about the Film Studies talks, which will be held between 17:15 and 19:00 in School 6, the Quad, on alternate Tuesdays. Postgraduates are expected to attend, but all are welcome.

First up will be our own Yun-hua Chen, offering a talk entitled ‘Mosaic Space and Mosaic Auteurs: Alejandro González Iñárritu, Atom Egoyan, Hou Hsiao-hsien and Michael Haneke’. This will take place on Tuesday 11th October.

Subsequent events are listed below. Abstracts and further details about all these events and more can be found on our events page, www.st-andrews.ac.uk/filmstudies/events.php

CFS Events: First Semester, 2011/2012

11th October

Yun-hua Chen, Mosaic Space and Mosaic Auteurs: Alejandro González Iñárritu, Atom Egoyan, Hou Hsiao-hsien and Michael Haneke

18th October

Michael Duckworth, Academic Publishing in Asia

1st November

Sean Cubitt, Eco-criticism and Media Technologies

22nd November

Patricia R. Zimmermann, The Robert Flaherty Film Seminar in the 1950s: Humanist and Poetic Activism

6th December

Karen Lury, Cinephilia and the ‘Contingent Performance’ in Bill Douglas’s My Childhood and Daniel Reeves’ Obsessive Becoming

7th February

Joshua Yumibe, Into and Out of the Screen: The Immersive Colours of Silent Cinema

21st February

Sarah Street, Colour Transformations in Wartime Britain

6th March

Mark Jankovich, Vicious Cycles: The Industrial Development of the 1940s Horror Film

17th April

Yvonne Tasker, title t.b.c.

Dr. Alex Marlow-Mann

Research Co-ordinator

Centre for Film Studies

University of St. Andrews

99 North Street

St. Andrews

Fife

KY16 9AD

Scotland

UK

Tel: +44 (0) 1334 467 463

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No SC013532.

Karen Drysdale

Department of Film Studies

University of St Andrews

99 North Street

St Andrews

Fife

KY16 9AD

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No: SC013532