From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nick Poole
Sent: 14 September 2011 16:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Cheeky request from MCG colleagues for Collections Trust

Dear MCG,

Apologies for sending a message that is slightly tangential to the core
purpose of the list, but I wondered if I could enlist your advice for
the Collections Trust.

Now that the new Collections Link site is up and running (complete with
networking & collaboration tools and a new section/group on Digital
Sustainability), we want to tell the world about it. However, like
everyone else, we are pretty strapped for cash at the moment and we
don't want to waste money on ineffective marketing material.

Rather than guess, then, I wanted to ask you what, if any, marketing
material you find useful, memorable or effective? In the past, we have
done flyers, notepads, web banners, Google adword campaigns and even a
50-foot low-loader with our URL on it parked outside the MA conference.
Put simply, if we were trying to tell your non-MCG colleagues about
something which we think they'd find useful (and which is free), how do
you think we should go about it?

If this is a step too far from the intended use of the list, apologies,
and please delete immediately!

All best,

Nick

Nick Poole

CEO

Collections Trust

020 7942 6081

Correspondence: Collections Trust, WC2 09 Natural History Museum,
Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD

OpenCulture 2012
The Greatest Collections Management Show on Earth!
London, 19th & 20th June 2012
Register online at www.openculture2011.org.uk
<http://www.openculture2011.org.uk>

www.collectionstrust.org.uk <http://www.collectionstrust.org.uk/>

www.collectionslink.org.uk <http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/>

www.culturegrid.org.uk <http://www.culturegrid.org.uk/>

Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/collectiontrust
<http://www.twitter.com/collectiontrust>

Company Registration No: 1300565 Registered Charity No: 273984

Registered Office: Collections Trust c/o CAN Mezzanine, 49 - 51 East
Road, Old Street, London N1 6AH

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg
The National Museum of Scotland is now open. Thousands of new discoveries in our bigger, better museum. www.nms.ac.uk/scotland <http://www.nms.ac.uk/scotland>

National Museums Scotland, Scottish Charity, No. SC 011130
This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Museums Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg