From: UKEIG: the UK eInformation Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of CHARLES OPPENHEIM
Sent: 27 September 2011 08:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: petition to government to abolish VAT on e books

can be found at:  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/114

I wouldn't hold too much hope though.  VAT on e books, e journals has been raised time and time again, and each time the UK Gov't has said "nothing to do with us, mate, it's EU rules".  But I guess the only way to get the UK gov't to pressurise the EU is through such a petition. Pity the petition only covers e books and not e journals though.....

Charles

Professor Charles Oppenheim

Consider the environment before printing this e-mail! Save paper by printing only if absolutely necessary

This email may contain confidential information and may be protected by law as a legally privileged document and copyright work. Neither its content, nor the name of the addressee, should be disclosed and it should not be given or copied to anyone other than the person(s) named or referenced above. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender.