Last month I asked the list about E-book services.  I have collated the responses below.

1. Did you undertake any user surveys before offering the service?

 None of the 6 respondents surveyed customers first.  Research was done through other authorities already offering the service and 4 authorities judged the timing based on the numbers of enquiries they were getting from customers

2. Did you set a level of uptake below which it would not be cost effective to offer the service

5 respondents don’t set a target.

1 sets targets every 6 months

3. How successful has the uptake of the service been?

All 6 respondents are pleased with the uptake of the service

4. Do you loan out e-book readers?

None loan e-book readers

Thank you for your assistance

Sheena Milne

Information Services Librarian

Scottish Borders Council

Library HQ

St Mary's Mill

Level Crossing Road

Selkirk

TD7 5 EW

Tel. 01750 724902

Fax.01750 22875

www.scotborders.gov.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are privileged, confidential and subject to copyright. Any unauthorised use or disclosure of any part of this email is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender immediately; you should then delete the email and remove any copies from your system.

The views or opinions expressed in this communication may not necessarily be those of Scottish Borders Council.

Please be advised that Scottish Borders Council's incoming and outgoing email is subject to regular monitoring and any email may require to be disclosed by the Council under the provisions of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.