David. That doesn't even begin to answer my question. Diana
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

-----Original Message-----
From:         David Tanner <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:       "lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:         Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:12:19
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Alternative library management systems for community run libraries

Diana
It is up to local communities whether they opt to stay with our LMS
(our preferred option) or seek other alternatives.

Please see http://www.northyorks.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=16724  and
the extracts below.

"North Yorkshire County Council's Executive has backed a plan to
maintain a vibrant library service while making necessary savings fairly
across the county. The decision gives more time for community ownership
solutions to be put forward for smaller libraries, but means the mobile
library service will cease from the end of September."

"Libraries in unsuitable premises or close to key centre libraries
The county council will continue to seek solutions with local partners
and groups for libraries in unsuitable premises or close to the county's
key centre libraries. If a solution is found, the library service will
continue to provide regularly updated book stock as well as training and
advice from members of the professional library team for volunteers and
partners.
Libraries in this category include:
    Barlby;
    Bilton;
    East Ayton;
    Embsay;
    Gargrave;
    Great Ayton;
    Hunmanby; and
    Masham.
There has been an encouraging response from interested groups so far
and the revised approach provides time for communities to find a
solution."

thank you

--

David Tanner
Manager: Stock and Systems

At the moment I am reading
"Any Human Heart" by William Boyd.

>>> On 15/09/2011 at 2:57 pm, in message
<[log in to unmask]>, Diana
Nutting

wrote:

> From: David Tanner <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Alternative library management systems for community run
libraries
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Date: Wednesday, 14 September, 2011, 12:57
>

> We have a community looking to take over the running of the library
but not
> remain on our LMS. Anyone know any alternative cheap LMS systems? We
already
> have details of "Library Gold" from Cadomel Library Systems.
> thanks
>
> --
>
> David Tanner
> Manager: Stock and Systems
> Adult and Community Services (Information)
> North Yorkshire County Council
> Library HQ
> 21 Grammar School Lane
> Northallerton
> North Yorkshire
> DL6 1DF
> Tel: 01609 533814
> Fax: 01609 780793
> email: [log in to unmask]
>
> At the moment I am reading
> "Any Human Heart" by William Boyd.
>

> Access your county council services online 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week at
> www.northyorks.gov.uk.
>
> WARNING
>
> Any opinions or statements expressed in this e-mail are those of the

> individual and not necessarily those of North Yorkshire County
Council.

solely
> for the use of the intended recipient. If you receive this in error,
please
> do not disclose any information to anyone, notify the sender at the
above
> address and then destroy all copies.
>
> North Yorkshire County Council*s computer systems and
communications may be
> monitored to ensure effective operation of the system and for other
lawful
> purposes. All GCSX traffic may be subject to recording and/or
monitoring in
> accordance with relevant legislation.
>
> Although we have endeavoured to ensure that this e-mail and any
ttachments
> are free from any virus we would advise you to take any necessary
steps to
> ensure that they are actually virus free.
>
> If you receive an automatic response stating that the recipient is
away from
> the office and you wish to request information under either the
Freedom of
> Information Act, the Data Protection Act or the Environmental
Information
> Regulations please forward your request by e-mail to the Data
Management Team
> ([log in to unmask]) who will process your
request.

> North Yorkshire County Council.
Access your county council services online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.northyorks.gov.uk.

WARNING

Any opinions or statements expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily those of North Yorkshire County Council.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you receive this in error, please do not disclose any information to anyone, notify the sender at the above address and then destroy all copies.

North Yorkshire County Council’s computer systems and communications may be monitored to ensure effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. All GCSX traffic may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

Although we have endeavoured to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from any virus we would advise you to take any necessary steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.