Apologies for cross posting

Dear colleagues

I would be grateful for any comments about how you use e-journal usage figures when making decisions about renewals.

We are currently reviewing individual e-journal purchases, rather than packages, and I’m dividing the renewal price by number of downloads in the past year to get a cost per use. Does anyone have a tried & tested method that works for them?

Many thanks

Gwen

Gwen Giles MLib BA Dip Lib MCLIP

Faculty Knowledge Manager

Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust

based at

Good Hope Hospital

Rectory Road

Sutton Coldfield

B75 7RR

Tel: 0121 424 7830

Fax: 0121 424 9540

email: [log in to unmask]

To access the full range of services provided by the library go to www.heftlibrary.nhs.uk

cid:image004.jpg@01CBE93C.144D2220        cid:image002.jpg@01CAB3A5.FD645FF0

unauthorized and may be
illegal.****************************************************************
******
This email contains proprietary information some or all of which
may be
legally privileged.
It is for the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or
transmission
error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by
replying
this e-mail.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

Please note, the information contained in this e-mail may be
subject to
disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Data
Protection Act 1998

swept by a
Borderware Security Platform appliance for the presence of
computer viruses.
www.borderware.com