> there was a new version of Argus rolled out this weekend (1.4), if your system (nightly yum update) or one of your team updated the Argus-host, the Argus-service is shut down afterwards. We (Argus PT) recommend to rerun Yaim after any update.
> Please check your messages if the update was performed shortly prior to the Argus-shutdown. Note that Argus-logs are in Zulu-time, while your messages might be in any other timezone.

Argh, yes it seems I hadn't disabled auto-update and didn't know the argus logs are in zulu time therefore didn't match the times before and didn't notice the update:

Sep 25 05:22:00 mercury yum: Updated: emi-argus-1.4.0-1.sl5.x86_64

Why exactly is Argus keeping logs different than the rest of the system, this makes error debugging very tedious.

Mario Kadastik, PhD
Researcher

---
  "Physics is like sex, sure it may have practical reasons, but that's not why we do it"
     -- Richard P. Feynman