On Sep 6, 2011, at 2:38 PM, Alessandro Paolini wrote:
> Il 06/09/2011 14:23, Gianfranco Sciacca ha scritto:

>>> I can't really comment, I don't know enough details about these packages.
>> Anyone with better DPM knowledge than mine could please comment?
>>
>> thanks
>> Gianfranco
> Hi Gianfranco,
> it is only the metapackage rpm, so removing it should be harmless: the configuration fuiles won't be touched (try to to see which files contain that rpm)
> A similar situation (the metapackage removal) occurred to me with other grid elelements, and uninstalling and reinstalling it didn't create any problem

It turns out that I was trying to remove and re-install an additional RPM belonging to a different repo (glite-SE_dpm_mysql_ext). After enabling glite-SE_dpm_mysql_ext as well, the transaction went ahead without trying to remove anything else. I didn't try yaim yet as it's late in the day, but I don't expect problems at this stage.

Thanks all for the help.

cheers
Gianfranco