Well, I would say it's a matter of doing what Unix does: pass the exit status down to the caller. The purpose, I mean, the goal, probably depends on the person/system that takes a look at it. In my case:

- It will be very helpful for our monitoring system, allowing us to have a better reaction on strange failure rates.

- I can prepare better statistics on site success rate (and that includes user failures, but also SE problems or Software installation problems)

- I would like Grid to be "less alien" and behave like other systems. And I just think that's the way it should be.

I can only say they are good reasons to me. They're probably not too important to everyone, otherwise this would already be a feature in CreamCE.

Besides, if this creates a problem with the WMS, maybe the discussion is over.

BR/Pablo