With thanks to those who pointed out my error - I did mean 12th & 13th July - not June. Corrected message below. Apologies for sending out a 2nd email!

Dear all,

3 weeks ago we announced that the 2012 CILIP Health Libraries Group conference will take place in Glasgow. We are now able to announce that the venue for the conference will be the fabulous Glasgow Science Centre. The main conference room will be the IMAX Cinema, the exhibition will be in the nearby Atrium and there are a selection of other rooms in close proximity that will hold parallel sessions. We hope that you will all want to join us for the conference at this exciting venue.

We have also decided to change the dates of the conference slightly. In our last email we gave anticipated dates, but due to a clash of events we have decided to hold the conference on Thursday 12th & Friday 13th July 2012.

More details will be announced over the coming weeks and the conference website will be going live shortly at www.uhl-library.nhs.uk/hlg2012<http://www.uhl-library.nhs.uk/hlg2012>

We would also like to remind you of the procedure for submitting abstracts for the conference programme:

The theme for the conference will be: Health libraries under the microscope: perfecting your formula

The conference will seek to examine the current state of health librarianship in all sectors and to enable delegates to find the right formula for their setting in the future but in order to do this, we need your help. A conference is only as good as the abstracts submitted to it and so we would encourage you to consider what you could share with the your colleagues to help health librarianship go from strength to strength.

While we would encourage you to submit abstracts on any topic, we are giving 4 suggested strands as a starting point. These strands continue the scientific nature of the main theme but we want to make clear we are not expecting or insisting on a scientific feel to papers. The strands are:
- Anatomy of evidence-based practice
- Biology of library and information services
- Chemistry of collaboration and networking
- Physics of information technology use

For this conference, we are changing the way that abstracts are to be submitted. Please submit them using the online form that can be found at this URL: http://www.uhl-library.nhs.uk/hlg2012
We are also setting a deadline for abstract submissions. That deadline is the 30th November, or when we have received 100 abstracts, whichever is sooner, so please do not leave your submissions until the last day, submit them as soon as possible. All submissions will be acknowledged and we will try inform everyone of the outcome of their applications by the 31st December.

Use of the web form is the only way that abstracts can be considered for inclusion on the programme for HLG 2012, but other queries about the conference can be sent to the conference team by email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

We have also set up a conference blog (http://hlg2012.blogspot.com<http://hlg2012.blogspot.com/>) which also contains details of the other ways that you can keep up-to-date on the latest conference news, and we are intending to make plenty of announcements in the weeks ahead so please use your preferred method to keep yourself informed.

Stuart Glover
Programme Lead

HLG 2012
Glasgow Science Centre
Thursday 12th & Friday 13th June 2012
"Health libraries under the microscope: perfecting your formula"

http://www.uhl-library.nhs.uk/hlg2012
http://hlg2012.blogspot.com<http://hlg2012.blogspot.com/>

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and / or privileged information and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) printed above. If you are not the addressee(s), any unauthorised review, disclosure, reproduction, other dissemination or use of this e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance upon the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has been sent to you in error, please return to the sender. No guarantee can be given that the contents of this email are virus free - The University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust cannot be held responsible for any failure by the recipient(s) to test for viruses before opening any attachments. The information contained in this e-mail may be the subject of public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 - unless legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. Copyright in this email and any attachments created by us remains vested in the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust.