From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of allan randall [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 15 September 2011 18:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: Olympic brand barriers

Is this true?  I have looked on Web and found hundreds of sites using these words. Wikipedia for one so  are we sure this is true has anyone seen an official document spelling this out. Maybe for commercial organisations cashing in with souvenirs but surely not cultural organisations. Anyway Much Wenlock was having Olympic games years before this lot so surely they cannot copywrite these words. Someone write to Lord Coo [I have not used his real name in case it’s on the list]. Private Eye must be informed of this. Please also check track, athlete, jump, run, stadium, Londinium etc etc. Who said the games were a noble enterprise?

We will all be paying for these games for the next hundred years – particularly those having a go on the lottery

I will never get those tickets for throwing {Oh Dear] the wellie now

Allan Bolt