Hi there,

I ran a first-level resting state fMRI seed-based correlation analysis for a group of subjects using FEAT, and I obtained individual-level correlation maps. If I feed my COPE files into a higher-level group analysis using FLAME, I obtain nice zstat images that look like canonical resting state networks. However, I also tried taking my first-level COPEs and performing Fisher's r-to-z transform on these files before feeding them into a higher-level FEAT (with the intent of ensuring that the correlations are normally distributed). If I do this and select "inputs are 3D cope images" and Mixed Effects Simple OLS, my resulting COPE images are not in correlation units and the zstat images are blank.

So I have the following questions:
a) Am I running the higher-level FEAT on Fisher's transformed cope files correctly?
b) If so (a), is there a way to convert the higher-level stats output files (cope, tstat, zstat) into correlation units?
c) If so (b), would I expect to see zstat images that are similar to the ones I had obtained with FLAME (without Fisher's transform)?

Thank you

Kind regards,

Aaron