Hi Joyce -

--

On 23 September 2011 15:52, Joyce Chen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering whether slice time correction for resting state fMRI data is important to implement as a pre-processing step. I think it should be but I've noticed that some papers do not correct for slice timing, whereas others do. Does this also depend on whether one is using the ICA versus seed-based approach? Thanks in advance for your advice.

It wouldn't hurt, but I suspect it will make little difference, as lower frequency fluctuations are behind much of the correlation patterns driving these methods.

Best,

Eugene

Cheers,
Joyce