Hi, I am working with sienax to get some volumetric info on a group of
patients, but the brains are so pathological that automatic bet and
registration are really thrown off. Indeed, for many of these patients I
had to manually go in and delete bits of skull/eyeballs/neck that I just
can't seem to remove with bet.

Now, I do have (manually adjusted) brain extracted images for each of
these patients, so I am trying to see if I can use them to work-aroud
the sienax script. This would require 2 things:

1) generate a skull image (which unfortunately I do not have..). Is
there a way I could generate them from the bet-ted brain (e.g. if I
subtracted the bet-ted brain from the original image, would that be
usable for the purposes of sienax as a *_skull.nii.gz image)?
2) Once I have _brain and _skull images I should be able to comment out
the bet command in the sienax script and run it from there?

Does it sound possible? Is there a better/different way to work with
these "unbettable" brains?

cheers

Martin

--
Martin M Monti, PhD
Assistant Professor

“Well! I’ve often seen a cat without a grin,” thought Alice,
“but a grin without a cat! It’s the most curious thing I ever
saw in my life!” [Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland]