Sent: 06 September 2011 12:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: E-VOLVE - Conflicting Software

Hi Jo

We run AAT and C&G (e-volve) without problem on the same PCs, but have only done so for a short period of time so have yet to prove that the auto update features work.  I also have concerns regarding how we will ensure that Java and Flash are kept suitably up to date ....

Regards

Duncan

Duncan Buck

Exams Co-ordinator

Herefordshire College of Technology

DDI: 01432 365315

Int: x315

Group Email: [log in to unmask]

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/09/2011 11:36 >>>

Hi

We have recently migrated to e-volve for City & Guilds tests, we also run EAL & AAT online tests.

I am told by my IT department that these pieces of software conflict with each other as they are essentially rebadged versions of the same software.

As we have been incredibly lucky & secured dedicated exam rooms for this academic room we would obviously like all these tests to be able to be run in the same rooms.

Has anyone else experienced this 'conflict' between the packages or found any sort of work around to the problem?

Thanks

Jo

Jo Grenfell

Senior Operations Manager (Information Services)

Wiltshire College

Trowbridge

Email: [log in to unmask]

Direct Dial: 01225 756329

Mobile: 07500 886262

P Please consider the environment before printing.

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Wiltshire College. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately (by clicking 'Reply') and delete all copies of this message.

Wiltshire College monitors e-mails to ensure its systems operate effectively and to minimise the risk of viruses. Whilst it has taken reasonable steps to scan this email, it does not accept liability for any virus that may be contained.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by SOPHOS for the presence of computer viruses.