Here's an interesting study:
Elevation of brain serotonin during dying
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304394011005234

New Scientist discusses its implications for NDEs here:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21128294.900-neardeath-experiences-may-be-triggered-by-serotonin.html

-Christie Aschwanden

On Sep 9, 2011, at 9:37 AM, Mark V. Johnston wrote:

Excellent  ... (my opinion) .... Thanks.

On 9/9/2011 9:03 AM, Ash Paul wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
There was a 2009 systematic review in the Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences:

Movements in Brain Death: A Systematic Review

and

A recent 2011 systematic review of 'Brain death and the Courts', in the Journal of the American Academy of Neurology:

Regards,

Ash