Hi
Could you tell me what opportunities there will be to follow this symposium online?
thankyou
Pat Oxley

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 21:42:54 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Thinking through Drawing: interdisciplinary symposium, Teachers college Columbia, New York, 28-29 Oct
To: [log in to unmask]

We would like to invite you to attend, or follow online, the forthcoming symposium 'Thinking through Drawing'.

This two day interdisciplinary symposium brings together artists, cognitive scientists and art educators to consider the relationships between drawing and cognition. Researchers across geographical and disciplinary borders will address how recent findings from cognitive psychology and neurosciences can inform arts education, with a particular emphasis on drawing. The symposium will offer a rare opportunity for academics from drawing research, psychology, neuroscience, computer science and art education to present and discuss the relevance of their research findings to each others’ research and practice.
Further details of the themes and presenters can be seen here: http://drawingandcognition.pressible.org/about

Delegates can register online at: http://drawingandcognition.pressible.org/registration

Best wishes,

Angela Brew, University of the Arts London

Andrea Kantrowitz, Teachers College

Michelle Fava, Loughborough University