Thanks to Lucy for bringing the work of Morgan O'Hara to my attention - they are wonderful drawings.
I also work with the traces of movement, recently I have set up installations using live video, projection and rice paper drawing screens that act as a barrier between the audience and me. My marks trace and follow the movement of people as they pass by and are often created in a public place - so the connection between the mover and the artist becomes of more importance than the marks made.
Have a look at my a-n blog for images of the work on rice paper - http://www.a-n.co.uk/artists_talking/projects/single/1492785 and my website (below) for other works that deal with trace and movement.

Thanks to Peter for highlighting the Berger passage - i've bookmarked it in my copy for re-reading.

Kind Regards
Claire.

Claire Weetman

07714 766 132