Re: Divergent drawing exercises I agree very much with Mike. But not about the Biro.  one of the problems with the humble Biro is that it gives no sense of the potential quality of any marks, thick, thin, light, dark. The beauty of most simple drawings is contained in the quality of the marks.
Rachel