another suggestion is monoprinting because it allows for a nice
tension between accident and control. I like the quality of lines you
get and students seem to take to it whatever their skill level.
draw with pencils or pens on different thickness of paper for
different effects.

  PS I like black gel pen precisely because it smudges.. or rather
runs, try on wet paper!

Rachel

www.rachelcohen.co.uk