Dominque:

These questions are quite timely, given the upcoming DC-2011 conference and its focus on vocabularies (http://dcevents.dublincore.org/index.php/IntConf/dc-2011).

DCMI has long been interested in providing local versions of the DC vocabularies, and you can find some of these by looking at the current DCMI Registry (http://dcmi.kc.tsukuba.ac.jp/dcregistry/pageDisplayServlet?page=about.xsl).  The French version of the DCMES on the Registry was developed by some of our Canadian colleagues.

At the moment we're considering other options for presenting and managing multilingual versions of the DC vocabularies, using tools that might better fit our emerging needs.  Your question provides us with a good use case for that effort, and we think you.  At the moment we don't have a good process for review of translations, but we'd be happy to put you in touch with other interested French-speaking groups with similar goals when you're ready to discuss your translations.

Our upcoming Vocabulary Special Session (which is linked from the DC-2011 page above) will be extensively reported and we hope you'll contact us again of you're interested in any of the action items to come from that session.

Regards,
Diane Hillmann
DCMI Vocabulary Maintenance Officer