I would just like to clarify that the CFP is NOT a joke.

I do appreciate the rather creative way that Tom Wengraf used to attempt to push our abstract towards greater clarity and substance. Creative approaches are central to what this session hopes to draw out in making the space for scholars to discuss and consider not only the knowledge that they produced, but also the ways in which they produced it.

As I have always known you to be a respectful member of this list, Tom, I assume that you did not mean your response as sabotage or public humiliation, but rather as a performance -- a playful objection to the ideas expressed in the CFP. I would like to invite you to participate in the session in some way as it will be a better showcase for your knowledge on the subject, and provide a better forum for using your objections to push us to further clarify our thoughts and ideas.

Sean Tanner
PhD Student
Department of Geography
Rutgers University