Developing from the journal blog, Environment and Planning D: Society and Space now has a fuller supplementary website at www.societyandspace.com <http://www.societyandspace.com/>

The site hosts the blog, and also publishes book reviews. The first few are available here - www.societyandspace.com/reviews <http://www.societyandspace.com/reviews>  They are Noel Castree on Jane Bennett's Vibrant Matter; Gerry Pratt on Lieba Faier's Intimate Encounters; Ishan Ashutosh on Diyva Praful Tolia-Kelly's Landscape, Race and Memory; and Neil Smith on Matthew Farish's The Contours of America's Cold War. From early 2012 single book reviews will no long appear in the print journal, but will all be made open access on that site. Review essays and review symposia will still appear in the regular journal.

We will post reviews regularly to this site. If you would like to review a book, please contact Mary Thomas ([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> ) and Christian Abrahamsson ([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> ) with your suggestions.

In addition, we've made the introduction to the Society and Space volume of the Sage/Pion collaborative Environment and Planning five-volume set available open-access, here - http://societyandspace.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/society-and-space-writing-its-history.pdf <http://societyandspace.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/society-and-space-writing-its-history.pdf>

We wanted to make this text, which is the only part of that volume that is not available elsewhere, available to those who will not have access to the collection as a whole. The first four volumes take papers from the four journals, and are edited by the current or recent editors of those journals. The fifth volume takes papers from all four journals across themes of common interest, and is edited by us all. The collection is designed for libraries that don't have access to the archive of these journals, and is priced accordingly. It is not intended for those who have access to the archive through their institutions. You can find more details of the collection on the Sage website <http://www.uk.sagepub.com/books/Book237215> .

The site has also recently posted interviews introducing the three new co-editors -

-        Deborah Cowen interviews Jane M. Jacobs - http://societyandspace.com/2011/07/18/interview-with-jane-m-jacobs/ <http://societyandspace.com/2011/07/18/interview-with-jane-m-jacobs/>

-        Natalie Oswin interviews Maia Green - http://societyandspace.com/2011/08/15/interview-with-maia-green/ <http://societyandspace.com/2011/08/15/interview-with-maia-green/>

-        Stuart Elden interviews Peter Gratton - http://societyandspace.com/2011/09/05/interview-with-peter-gratton/ <http://societyandspace.com/2011/09/05/interview-with-peter-gratton/>

Other additional pieces that have appeared on this site rather than in the journal itself can be found listed here - http://societyandspace.com/material/ <http://societyandspace.com/material/>  This page will be updated as new contributions appear and so acts as an access point for all additional material.

Please contact me, or any of the co-editors, if you would like to contribute to the site.

Stuart

Professor Stuart Elden, Geography Department, Durham University

Editor, Environment and Planning D: Society and Space